Skype for Business for windows 10 - not forwarding some calls? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone, i have a question regarding skype fowarding for the windows 10 platform,

call fowarding seems to be partially working with these two computers

i am trying to foward calls from the receptionist, to the next computer when the employee is not around

they are both running on skype 16.07369.2118

both computers can call and receive calls, both from phone numbers and within the office computers here,

but the strange part is that call fowarding seems to ignore the settings that ive set up as soon as we try to test it.

for some reason though, when i test this feature using my phone number, Call forwarding works!

i currently use a phone not sold in the US (huawei honor 10) and i have it connected to a US line, my phone does not use skype nor internet calling, im putting this information because im skeptical on how does call forwarding work with my phone but not other public phones/my coworkers personal phones

my settings are set up in call fowarding > simutaneous ring to: phone # +1(xxx)xxx-xxxx, ive also tried diferent formats such as phone# 1xxxxxxxxxx, and even without the US number xxxxxxxxxx,

ive also tried setting up the upper settings that handled forwarding to a specific phone number, group call,  delegates call... but nothing seems to be forwarding.

both computers can accept phone calls of any phone number, the only difference is that calls are not forwarded when the phone rings.

thank you for reading this guys!

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 10:27 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

Now your issue :When you set the “Simultaneously ring” in SFB client, your huawei honor 10 mobile phone could receive the forwarding call, but other mobile phone could not receive the forwarding call,

When you use SFB client in win7, if you could get the forwarding call?

You could go to SFB control panel to check the voice policy

Please refer to

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg399027.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

And, you could open your mediation server,check if have some error ID in event view.

As a supplement, you could try to clear SFB client cache by deleting the Lync User Profile and Registry Key.

User profile:

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\sip_UserName@Domain.com

Registry Key:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\UserName@Domain.com

Here is a similar case for your reference

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/c7c463f4-4b7b-4a49-bd85-be5cb576ceb5/simultaneous-ring-issue?forum=sfbfr

Hope this helpful to you.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, September 12, 2018 9:17 AM
  • hello, thanks for the reply,

i did some of the troubleshooting tips above,

and i returned with more information - it looks like Skype for business works perfectly when forwarding calls from one windows 7, to another windows 7, 

Call forwarding also functions normally when its set up from windows 10 to forward to windows 7

but not the other way around

i went ahead and deleted the user & reg files for SFB in the windows 10 platform, just as explained, but the problem seems to persist.

the one thing i haven't been able to find is the mediation server.

i am currently researching the voice policy preferences, & will update as i go 

Wednesday, September 12, 2018 6:26 PM
  • Hi ,

I search some voice policy, I cannot find some related policy about limiting operation version.

You could delete the SFB log ,then reproduce this issue and collect the SFB log , post it here.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, September 28, 2018 9:33 AM