Access to Document Library RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I have full control on a Sharepoint, and can see three document libraries on the left hand side (Lets call them Lib1, Lib2, Lib3). However, I can only access one of these libraries (Lib1) and not Lib2 or Lib3.

We have other Users who can access all of the document libraries, one of whom gave me full access to the sharepoint.

How can we ensure that I and Users added to the sharepoint can see the other two document libraries?

I think they may have removed the hierachy/inheritance previously to prevent new users being able to see Lib2/Lib3 but we now want to do so.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense - relatively new to sharepoint.

Thanks

Tom.

• Edited by TomRogers123 Wednesday, September 14, 2011 8:19 AM
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, September 14, 2011 8:39 AM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 8:17 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You need to check the both library permissions.

Go to library settings-->Permission for this document library--->Now check your name or group. If you are not added there then add your name or other users to access this document library.

Here is technet artcile to maintain permission at site collection / list / library level for you information.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc974467%28office.12%29.aspx

Hope it could help

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:29 AM
  • Hi,

Check if the library is defining its own permissions and not inheriting from the site.

However as you have mentioned that you can not access these you will not be able to check it.

I suggest you to take help from any site collection admin or the person has access to it.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    • Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Thursday, September 22, 2011 11:50 AM
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 6:03 PM
  • As Suggested by Rahul, you will have to contact the site admin who is having full control , so that he can check the Site permissions.

Once you go to the Library, hover the mouse on the folder where you want to check the pemrission level, Click on the drop Down and select Manage permissions. Under Manage permissions page, you can check if the folder is inheriting permissions from parent or not. Click on Actions and select Inherit permissions from Parent to make sure that the permissions for that folder and the document library is the same.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Edited by Zoeb S Monday, September 19, 2011 12:09 PM
    Monday, September 19, 2011 12:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You need to check the both library permissions.

Go to library settings-->Permission for this document library--->Now check your name or group. If you are not added there then add your name or other users to access this document library.

Here is technet artcile to maintain permission at site collection / list / library level for you information.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc974467%28office.12%29.aspx

Hope it could help

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:29 AM
  • Hi,

Check if the library is defining its own permissions and not inheriting from the site.

However as you have mentioned that you can not access these you will not be able to check it.

I suggest you to take help from any site collection admin or the person has access to it.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 6:03 PM
  • As Suggested by Rahul, you will have to contact the site admin who is having full control , so that he can check the Site permissions.

Once you go to the Library, hover the mouse on the folder where you want to check the pemrission level, Click on the drop Down and select Manage permissions. Under Manage permissions page, you can check if the folder is inheriting permissions from parent or not. Click on Actions and select Inherit permissions from Parent to make sure that the permissions for that folder and the document library is the same.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Edited by Zoeb S Monday, September 19, 2011 12:09 PM
    Monday, September 19, 2011 12:09 PM