How can I auto-fix issues on a PC? RRS feed

• Question

• We are looking for a tool that can not only report issues on the PCs but also be flexible enough for us to provide custom solutions to various issues that occur on the PCs.

i.e. Scan PCs for event xxx and apply fix zzz

or monitor service xxx and auto start it if it fails.

Right now, I'm in the process of scripting the issues but surely there has to be a tool already made?  With over 10,000 desktops, we need to be more pre-active to reduce customer frustrations.

Thanks!

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 4:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This may involve the 3rd party software. SCCM can also be a way. But you need to customize it which beyond what we can do at this forum.

Juke Chou
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by arnavsharma Thursday, June 6, 2013 2:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by lrak35 Wednesday, June 12, 2013 7:02 AM
    Thursday, June 6, 2013 8:53 AM

All replies

• Can be done in multiple ways, using SCCM collection and scripts or use a third part tool like "GFI Languard"

The GFI languard agent will be installed on all the client and would fix missing patches, or other issues.

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by arnavsharma Thursday, June 6, 2013 2:34 PM
    Wednesday, June 5, 2013 4:48 PM
  • We are looking for a more robust tool.  We don't want to be called because a service got hung up.  We want a real time resolution tool that can fix issues without us having to be involved.

Is there such a tool?

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 6:52 PM
    Wednesday, June 5, 2013 7:45 PM
  • ???

Thursday, June 6, 2013 8:00 AM
  • Hi,

This may involve the 3rd party software. SCCM can also be a way. But you need to customize it which beyond what we can do at this forum.

Juke Chou
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by lrak35 Wednesday, June 12, 2013 7:02 AM
    Thursday, June 6, 2013 8:53 AM
  • Thanks.  I happen to come across http://www.metaquest.com/solutions/desktopmanagement/Diagnostics.html.

This sounds like something that I am trying to find.  Application monitoring / repairing / self-healing.

Thursday, June 6, 2013 8:56 AM
  • Please mark an answer if you're done.

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, June 6, 2013 2:34 PM
  • No need to rush me into marking the answer.  I want to see if anyone else has anything to say before this gets closed.  I only just opened it.

and BTW, why did you suggest GFI LanGuard?  I didn't read anything about real time resolution / app self healing.

• Edited by lrak35 Friday, June 7, 2013 4:50 AM
    Friday, June 7, 2013 4:49 AM
  • GFI languard agent can fix issues itself (on client computer) when you start a scan.

Saturday, June 8, 2013 8:51 AM
  • You are not understanding the difference between a manual scan and a REAL TIME solution.  GFI is not such a tool.  It is not real time.

Anyone else?

Saturday, June 8, 2013 1:43 PM
  • Thanks.  I'm starting to see that it may require SCOM and SCO.  I'm trying to find out how SCCM will help as well.

Sunday, June 9, 2013 12:11 PM