none
Task Notification Email Format RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to edit the Email Notification Format to include additional information held in Enterprise Custom Fields?

I have a customer who would like this email to contain a bit more information to ensure recipients are fully aware of the nature of the new task using information that defines the task held in custom fields.

With good wishes,

Dominic

Microsoft Project Evangelist

Twitter:   LinkedIn:    Web:   

Thursday, November 10, 2016 7:48 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I've not looked at the options for custom alerts using remote events but if it is possible and done correctly it will work fine. The solutions are not "deployed" to Project Online, they are remote but work with Project Online / registered with Project Online.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

• Marked as answer by Dominic Moss Saturday, November 19, 2016 4:22 PM
    Friday, November 18, 2016 12:20 PM

All replies

• I have been scouring the Web for any insights on this request - I found this web page which relates to Project Server 2007 -  - it makes reference to Event Handlers and other things which make it less than relevant to Project Online - just surprised that there is no option to update the email format with Project Online at the moment.

With good wishes,

Dominic

• Edited by Dominic Moss Thursday, November 17, 2016 8:44 PM edit hyperlink
    Thursday, November 17, 2016 8:43 PM
  • Event handlers are still relevant in Project Online, they are just remote instead. There is no way to customise the default email alert templates. You could look to create your own email alerts either using workflow or Flow depending on what alerts you needed or the remote event handler option might work.

Paul

Thursday, November 17, 2016 10:04 PM
  • Paul - thanks for taking the time to answer - I guess I would need to find someone with this expertise as it is beyond my abilities. Are there any issues with deploying such solutions to Project Online?

With good wishes,

Dominic

• Unmarked as answer by Dominic Moss Saturday, November 19, 2016 4:22 PM
    Friday, November 18, 2016 12:06 PM
  • Hello,

I've not looked at the options for custom alerts using remote events but if it is possible and done correctly it will work fine. The solutions are not "deployed" to Project Online, they are remote but work with Project Online / registered with Project Online.

Paul

Friday, November 18, 2016 12:20 PM