none
PP M&A Chart Questions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have some questions regarding the analytics charts in Monitoring & Analytics.

• It seems from what I have read here that I cannot change the colors of the charts, like the color of the bar. Is this correct?
    • Can I do anything with the scale of the y-axis in the same type of chart?
    • If I enter a filter for an Analytic Chart in the dashboard designer, my chart will be compressed. Can I put this filter in an area outside of a chart, like a header in the dashboard designer.

I am greatful for any help. The fact that I haved worked with ProClarity Dashboard Server does not seem to help me that much with this product :-) . I am a little bit slow in understanding how PP M&A works.

BR

Thomas Ivarsson

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 4:53 PM

Answers

• Thomas,

"It seems from what I have read here that I cannot change the colors of the charts, like the color of the bar. Is this correct?"

I believe that is correct. I haven't dug through the object model in detail but I don't believe there's a way to change the colors of the bars.

"Can I do anything with the scale of the y-axis in the same type of chart?"

No. In this version the axis will always start at zero unless there are negative values. Hopefully that will change in the next version but I have no idea.

"If I enter a filter for an Analytic Chart in the dashboard designer, my chart will be compressed. Can I put this filter in an area outside of a chart, like a header in the dashboard designer."

Yes, you can put the filter in an area outside of the chart. Just create a new zone and put it there. The zone can be a small header region at the top; choose to create a new dashboard and check out the various templates. One of them contains a small zone at the top and that's where you normally put the parameters. Some people don't realize that filters can be tied to scorecards and/or reports that are in different zones but it works just fine.

--Craig
    Thursday, May 15, 2008 2:20 AM

All replies

• Thomas,

"It seems from what I have read here that I cannot change the colors of the charts, like the color of the bar. Is this correct?"

I believe that is correct. I haven't dug through the object model in detail but I don't believe there's a way to change the colors of the bars.

"Can I do anything with the scale of the y-axis in the same type of chart?"

No. In this version the axis will always start at zero unless there are negative values. Hopefully that will change in the next version but I have no idea.

"If I enter a filter for an Analytic Chart in the dashboard designer, my chart will be compressed. Can I put this filter in an area outside of a chart, like a header in the dashboard designer."

Yes, you can put the filter in an area outside of the chart. Just create a new zone and put it there. The zone can be a small header region at the top; choose to create a new dashboard and check out the various templates. One of them contains a small zone at the top and that's where you normally put the parameters. Some people don't realize that filters can be tied to scorecards and/or reports that are in different zones but it works just fine.

--Craig
    Thursday, May 15, 2008 2:20 AM
  • Thanks Craig!

BR

Thomas Ivarsson

Thursday, May 15, 2008 6:43 AM