Edge won't open pdf RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft Edge will not open any pdf files on my desktop. (I can do it on my laptop at home.) I am running 25.10586.0.0  I can open pdfs with Windows Explorer, but it is a pain to do so.

I tried to download Chrome to use instead, since I am so frustrated. The Chrome setup file cannot be downloaded either!

Monday, February 22, 2016 9:56 PM

Answers

• Hi NebV,
    "Microsoft Edge will not open any pdf files on my desktop"
    Do you mean the Edge won`t be opened or it just won`t open the PDF files?

" I am running 25.10586.0.0"
    First of all, please ensure you have got the latest udpates. The latest version should be 10586.104.

If the Edge won`t be opened, we could open an administrator powershek command line and run " Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}" to register Edge.

If the main issue is just Edge won`t open PDF files, please configure the Edge as the default program to open PDF files.

The most important is updating the machine to the latest version.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 7:32 AM

All replies

• Tuesday, February 23, 2016 12:25 AM
  • Hi NebV,
    "Microsoft Edge will not open any pdf files on my desktop"
    Do you mean the Edge won`t be opened or it just won`t open the PDF files?

" I am running 25.10586.0.0"
    First of all, please ensure you have got the latest udpates. The latest version should be 10586.104.

If the Edge won`t be opened, we could open an administrator powershek command line and run " Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}" to register Edge.

If the main issue is just Edge won`t open PDF files, please configure the Edge as the default program to open PDF files.

The most important is updating the machine to the latest version.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 7:32 AM