none
Creating GPO for MAC address filtering on multiple Access Points?

Question

• Hi,

Maybe someone has a good solution for this:

I have a Windows Server 2008 R2 environment.

For a part of our company we want to implement 5 Access Points that will be used by just a few people with Tablets (MS Surface Pro 3) they only have access to the F&P server and Internet.

To prevent anybody else having access to the AP's my goal is to set this up with MAC address filtering.

The AP's have no option of configuring MAC address filtering, also I want to do this on one location instead of checking every AP (there will probably an increase in AP's  later)

Also when doing this I do not want any change of access for any other device on the network.

Is there a best practice for this?

Oh yeah the AP's are UniFi AC Pro.

Regards,

Dave

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 8:08 AM

Answers

• Hi Dave,
    As Martin suggested, you could take a look Wireless Network (IEEE 802.11) Policies which might be helpful to you.
    IEEE 802.1X authentication provides an additional security barrier for your intranet that you can use to prevent guest, rogue, or unmanaged computers that cannot perform a successful authentication from connecting to your intranet.
    Please see details from:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh994700.aspx

Regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 5:45 AM

All replies

• > To prevent anybody else having access to the AP's my goal is to set this
    > up with MAC address filtering.

Ever thought about 802.11x?

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 9:09 AM
  • Hi Dave,
    As Martin suggested, you could take a look Wireless Network (IEEE 802.11) Policies which might be helpful to you.
    IEEE 802.1X authentication provides an additional security barrier for your intranet that you can use to prevent guest, rogue, or unmanaged computers that cannot perform a successful authentication from connecting to your intranet.
    Please see details from:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh994700.aspx

Regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 5:45 AM