none
Provisioning Sharepoint 2013 with FIM 2010R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I'm using SP2013 Ent in my enviroment and currently installed FIM 2010 R2 on a different server with SP 2013 Foundation. Is it possible to provision users from AD to SP2013 Ent portal or I need to reinstall FIM on the same portal where UPS is?

And one more sub question: I have AD users in FIM metaverse space, but when I open Users page on FIM portal I can see only FIMSERVICE account. Do I need to provision users from metaverse to FIM portal or FIM portal Users is just a group of management accounts?

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 8:48 AM

All replies

• FIM can be used to provision user accounts to Sharepoint 2013 but you will need to either look into creating a custom management agent based on the ECMA 2.0 framework or some third party providers can supply a Sharepoint MA pre configured at a cost.

Sub Question:  Yes you need to provision users from the metaverse to the FIM portal using a FIM Management Agent. In a way its best to think of the FIM portal as yet another connected system that you need to synchronize identity data to and from. 

Some details of setting up the FIM MA can be found here - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff686263(v=ws.10).aspx

Chris

Thursday, August 8, 2013 10:10 AM
  • You might also want to know that there is a release candidate version of SharePoint User Profile Connector in Microsoft Connect
    Thursday, August 8, 2013 10:31 AM
  • Thanks for your reply Chris!

So I supposed to sync UPS with any other system by the following path?

<External System 1> --> <FIM> --> <AD> --> <Embeded version of FIM> --> <UPS>

It doesn't seem quite logical since SP2010 already has lite version of FIM...

Thursday, August 8, 2013 12:30 PM
  • Thanks Gaston!
    Thursday, August 8, 2013 12:31 PM