Message I have not encountered before RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to send an email in Outlook 2013 with four PDF attachments.  i am getting a message that says: The system cannot find the file specified."  I don't know what this means or how to solve it.
    Friday, March 2, 2018 6:43 PM

All replies

• A couple things come to mind. Are any of the PDFs in a really long folder/filename structure? I have seen Outlook barf on long filename PDFs before (if any are long, try renaming them something short and resending them - that usually works here).

Also, if you attach a PDF from inside a zipfile and try to send it, it can give you that error as well.

Friday, March 2, 2018 7:56 PM
  • Hi Mark Smith,

Does this issue only happen to this specific message?

Have you tried testing this issue via sending messages with other attachments? Such as Word attachments?

According to my research, we could first check Outlook temporary folder settings to see the result. To do this, please follow the steps below.

1. Press Win + R to open Run.

2. Type regedit and then click Enter.

3. Locate the path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Security

4. Make sure the path for OutlookSecureTempFolder is vaild.

5. Copy the location path and then open it via File Explorer.

6. Delete these temporary files and then check the result.

If issue persists, please try creating a new profile and then see if issue continues.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, March 8, 2018 1:41 AM
    Monday, March 5, 2018 4:44 AM
  • Hi Mark,

Any updates about this issue?

By the way, could you please help mark the useful post above as answer if the issue doesn't come back? It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 12:59 AM
  • Hi,

Just to check how is everything going on with this issue.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Perry

Friday, March 16, 2018 9:23 AM