Setting Defaults on HP RRS feed

• Question

• I set Microsoft Word 2016 (office 365) as my default on my HP computer. About once a month it will automatically reset my defaults for word and excel. It will not let me switch them back to my defaults and they don't even show up in my settings as a possible default. This is frustrating because it "corrupts" all my documents and I am unable to open them. Any suggestions?
    Wednesday, September 20, 2017 6:49 PM

All replies

• Do you have another word processor installed on the same computer and does that program override the defaults you selected? Or what do you see, exactly?

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 10:04 PM
  • Hi Koivu,

Thanks for posting in our forum.

What's the version of your Windows system?
    Could you please tell us more details about what you mean by "it will automatically reset my defaults for word and excel"?

If possible, you may share some screenshots about the issue via OneDrive and paste a link here then we can understand better about your problem.

Besides, please try to repair Office via Control Panel and try setting the default again and see if there will be any improvement.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 21, 2017 9:50 AM