PSTN calls from Lync display numbers after trunk translation rules. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not sure if this is a bug or expected behavior.  If I dial an external number from within Lync, the call is made and the number is displayed in the proper normalized format +1 (480) 555-1234.  However, when the call is actually connected/answered I see the number that is presented to our IP-PBX 914805551234.  This number appears directly below the properly formatted number or contact name.  Is this expected behavior?
    Friday, April 22, 2011 12:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

AlternateCallerId If the SuppressCallerId parameter is set to True, the value of the AlternateCallerId parameter will be displayed to receiving parties rather than the caller’s actual number. This number should be a valid number and could be used to represent a division within an organization, such as Support or Human Resources.

If the SuppressCallerId parameter is set to False, the AlternateCallerId parameter is ignored.

Have you configured this parameter? Please set it as true and it will not show your actual number but the value of this parameter.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, April 22, 2011 8:13 AM
  • I'm not talking about the number the receiving party see's.  I'm talking about the dialed number displayed in the Lync client when a call is made from the same lync client.

Image here: http://tinyurl.com/4xn37fm

As you can see it displays the 9 from the trunk translation rule.

Friday, April 22, 2011 6:39 PM
  • Can anyone else at least verify this?
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 5:15 AM
  • Hello,

I see the number as dialed (with access code etc) when the call state is Calling.
    When the call is answered on the B-Party, the number information changes to the correct digits.

If I now have this number (in your case 914357701234) in my outlook contacts (or in the GAL)
    it might display like in your picture.

I am also unsure if it is your "normalized number" your are seeing in the client.
    Lync contains a "bug" for north american numbers starting with +1.

Try entering       "Lync formatted as"
    +12345678912  +1 (234) 567-8912
    +46123456789  +46123456789

and you will see the difference at once.

/mk

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:04 AM
  • Strange, I have the opposite behavior as you.  Correct digits when the call state is Calling.  Numbers dialed with access code when the call is connected.  I suppose this isn't a deal breaker, I'm just curious as to why your environment is different.
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 5:49 PM
  • I get the same behavior than tpullins. I ended up by not using the Trunk translation anymore and use my PSTN Gateway for this purpose.
    • Proposed as answer by Mike He-MSFT Friday, July 15, 2011 9:45 PM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 7:47 PM
  • I tested this in my environment and I don't even get the 2nd listing of the phone like you do.  Did you try removing the trunk translation as the previous person posted?
    Friday, July 15, 2011 9:45 PM
  • I could try that but then my PBX would just reject the number, and it cannot do the number translations itself.  I am sure that MLync's solution will work, as I had expected.  I will be getting a supported gateway soon, so I expect to see this problem to disappear soon enough.
    Friday, July 15, 2011 9:53 PM
  • I can verify the OP's report. This does not occur when trunk translations aren't in use, when they are removed the normalized number is displayed.
    In this particular scenario I am also unable to do the translation on the IP-PBX (or GW) as I have in the past.
    All servers, devices and clients are up to date.(CU6)

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 2:11 AM