none
Print Troubleshooter Error 0x803C010B - Can't troubleshoot due to this error RRS feed

• Question

• My Brother network printer just stopped printing & was showing "offline". Tried everything: uninstalling, re-installing, windows update, driver update, TCP/IP set-up - nothing works. Troubleshooter just stops working also.

This just started after the latest windows update. Thanks :( - the last time I ever put my updates on automatic.

Saturday, November 22, 2014 6:12 AM

All replies

• I'm having the same problem.  Can't print after last update.  Does anyone have a solution to this?  Printer is showing offline but it is connected to the network...
    Saturday, November 29, 2014 3:49 AM
  • same thing here. I hadn't tied it to a windows update but that's very possible. It just started happening about a week ago and gave all of the same things a try. no go, still says the printer is offline from the Brother control center.

any ideas would be a help.

hanswurtWC

Saturday, November 29, 2014 7:57 PM
  • Windows SteadyState isn't the right area for this thread.

However,  I also had trouble printing - all other connections to the device appeared to work fine. Despite all setting appearing correct, removing device and then re-adding (chose to keep same driver) fixed problem right away.

More appropriate thread appears to be http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-hardware/i-get-an-error-code-when-i-try-to-troubleshoot-my/2ac3dd2f-ddc7-41c2-a1b7-40feb3455e9c?rtAction=1418596412223.

Jason Hartman (Microsoft)

Sunday, December 14, 2014 11:55 PM
  • Same printer, same problem.  Removing the printer and reinstalling every time I turn the computer on and off is not realistic.  Please Microsoft, give us a resolve.
    Saturday, March 5, 2016 1:52 AM