Information Worker Management Pack RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There,

I would like to find out if Microsoft have an enteprise wide solution where by one technically can monitor and evaluate an employee's works performance based on their time as Work Related/Non Work Related.  I thought that perhaps the Information Worker MP, one could accurately provide collected data to conclude whether a person is over/under performing.  Any ideas, or put me into the right direction for this ? To give of a very simplistic example is, to try and tie-up mouse clicks/keyboard strokes/visited websites (classified as "work or non-work related".

So, my actuall question is if the System Center Suite would be able to provide the "user activity data" usefull enough to build a performance report. Or if I should rather look at a totally different solution ? And if so, what.

Thanks.

Monday, March 7, 2011 12:07 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Maybe you can use some functionnalities of Configuration Manager to gather some relevant information about user's activities. In fact, you can use Software Metering to meter the use of specific software on each computer of your company (each time a monitored application is launched on a computer, the SCCM agent keep in memory when the application has been launched and how long it has been used) and/or you can use the Power Management capabilities of SCCM R3 to monitor the power usage of your computers and then deduce how much your computer are really used and not in a iddle state or power saving state or anything else. SCCM R3 give you the ability to consult these power usage data through some relevant reports built on SRS technology.

Service Line Manager - Desktop LifeCycle Management - [MVP ConfigMgr] - France
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, March 18, 2011 7:07 AM
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 10:40 AM

All replies

• Nothing like this possible today. Most virus and malware scanners would flag this kind of software as malicious.
    Microsoft Corporation
    Monday, March 7, 2011 5:11 PM
  • I appreciate the anti virus systems doing their job and do it well, but you can configure most antivirus solutions for certain distributed applications to run without being flagged.

I assume that when you say "nothing like this possible today" that you ment it from a Microsoft's point of view out-of-the-box? 

For Call Center Agents, we actually did build something quite cool... utilizing stuff under the hood of OCS/Lync. You simply tie-up the calls with cases, duration and outcome etc. This gives you accurate realtime dashboards to indicate of over- and under performers.

Dan, I don't want to waist your time. Thank you for the reply.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 6:25 AM
  • Hi,

Maybe you can use some functionnalities of Configuration Manager to gather some relevant information about user's activities. In fact, you can use Software Metering to meter the use of specific software on each computer of your company (each time a monitored application is launched on a computer, the SCCM agent keep in memory when the application has been launched and how long it has been used) and/or you can use the Power Management capabilities of SCCM R3 to monitor the power usage of your computers and then deduce how much your computer are really used and not in a iddle state or power saving state or anything else. SCCM R3 give you the ability to consult these power usage data through some relevant reports built on SRS technology.

Service Line Manager - Desktop LifeCycle Management - [MVP ConfigMgr] - France
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, March 18, 2011 7:07 AM
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 10:40 AM