attachments in outlook - most show as attachments, some are embedded in the body of the email - why? RRS feed

• Question

• Just trying to find out why that happens. Doesn't happen often but now and again, I get an email from someone that has the picture embedded in the body of the email. Is it an iPhone or Apple thing?

I run Office 2019 through 365.

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 10:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Johnny,

>> I get an email from someone that has the picture embedded in the body of the email.
    Is your situation the same as the screenshot below?

If yes, as I know, the Rich Text format supports in-line attachments and if the sender send the message in the form of RTF, you will receive a message like this. For more information, please check this article Attachments show up in the message body.
    (Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

If this is not your case, please provide me with screenshots of your problem so that I can do further research.  (Notice: Please hide your personal information in the screenshot for security.)

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 15, 2020 6:07 AM