none
Licensing RRS feed

• Question

• I am running DPM 2010 and have purchase Qty X of Data Protection Manager Enterprise SErver Management License to cover Qty X physical servers.  I also purchased Qty Y of System Center Server Management Suite Data Center (SMSD) to cover all my virtual machines that I wish to backup.  My question is DPM licensing is a non-monitored service and only has sections to enter the number of licenses for Client, Standard and Enterprise.  I understand to increase the Enterprise by the QTY X but how do I account for the SMSD Y license?  Do I just increase the Enterprise license by the the number of VM's I will be backing-up?
    Monday, February 28, 2011 5:39 PM

Answers

• David,

DPMs licensing is in fact not blocked in software. You can enter the right license into the UI and the warning will disappear.

Thanks, Kapil Malhotra [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 9:04 AM

All replies

• Any response?
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 9:42 PM
  • David,

DPMs licensing is in fact not blocked in software. You can enter the right license into the UI and the warning will disappear.

Thanks, Kapil Malhotra [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 9:04 AM