MS Office 2007 Professional RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a Windows 7 (64 bit) system.  When I try to install MS Office 2007 Professional trial version I receive an error that says:
    "THERE IS A KNOWN COMPATIBLITY PROBLEM.  SQL 500 CANNOT BE INSTALLED"

To the best of my knowledge the above error message is displayed and I cannot install the program

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 3:00 PM

All replies

• Hmm, I have Office 2007 small business, and it installed just fine. Of course, it doesn't necessarily have all of the components of a complete install. Have you tried installing only a subset of the applications? I would suspect, based on the name, that you are running into problems with either the contact manager or Access.
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 3:53 PM
  • What is the contact manager? 

When I was installing the program, it did say something about the Business Manager.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 3:57 PM
  • What is the contact manager? 

When I was installing the program, it did say something about the Business Manager.

Business contact manager. It's an add-in to Outlook, but it's really a data base. I know in the past it used to install a lite version of SQL server.
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 4:52 PM
  • Thanks Seth,

That's where I received my error when it asked me to install the Business Contact Manager.  When I did the SQL error came up.

I'll try to install it without the Business contact manager.

Hopefully that solves my problem.

Thank you.
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 5:10 PM