none
Failed to Apply Group Policy

Question

• Hi,

I created a policy that will install the Cisco VPN client to Windows 7 hosts when logging in. Does nit install app upon login

Using Windows Server R2 Standard and Windows 7 host to log in

Get this in window when I do gpupdate /force:

The group policy client side extension software installation was unable to apply one or more settings because the changes must be processed before system startup or user logon. the system will wait for group policy processing to finish completely before the next startup of logon for this user and this may result in slow startup or boot performance.

After I restart I get same error

Windows 7 log error: The assignment of application from policy failed. The error was : %%1274

Thanks

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 6:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    Please have a try enabling Computer Configuration > Policies > Administrative Templates > System > Group Policy > Policy > Startup policy processing, Change amount to wait (in seconds) to 30
    I know it says it defaults to 30 seconds if we leave it as unconfigured, but I still suggest to just enable the policy and then see if it works.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 5:28 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved? If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions. If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, April 04, 2017 6:09 AM