unable to export username (sameaccountname) with mailbox size RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

i am using this command to export all users with their name , user id (sameaccountname),mailbox size , database but samaccountname is coming as blank

Get-Mailbox -ResultSize Unlimited | Get-MailboxStatistics | Sort-Object TotalItemSize -Descending | Select-Object DisplayName,SamAccountName,TotalItemSize,Database | Export-Csv c:\temp\size.csv 

can anyone guide me how i can get the user ids as welll with mailbox size and database name

Monday, July 24, 2017 10:05 AM

Answers

• Hi Balal 

You need a foreach to be able to get the Samaccount name as this is not part of Get-MailboxStatistics you will also need a blank arrays to capture each properties. The below should work. The only problem i have had with the below is that you have to have powershell V3 or above to add the append command to export-csv. 

$mailboxes = get-mailbox -resultsize unlimited 
    foreach  ($mailbox in $mailboxes) {
    $Results=@() 
    $properties = @{
    SAMAccountName = $mailbox.sAMAccountName
    displayName = $mailbox.displayName
    TotalItemSize = (get-mailboxstatistics -id $mailbox.distinguishedname).totalitemsize
    ItemCount = (get-mailboxstatistics -id $mailbox.distinguishedname).ItemCount
    Database = $mailbox.Database
    }
    $Results += New-Object psobject -Property $properties
    $Results | select SAMAccountName,displayName,TotalItemSize,ItemCount,Database | Export-Csv c:\Temp\MAilboxExport.csv -NoTypeInformation -Append
    }

• Marked as answer by Balal Ahmad Tuesday, July 25, 2017 4:36 AM
    Monday, July 24, 2017 4:29 PM

All replies

• Get-MailboxStatistics does not have "SamAccountName".  Use "DisplayName" or "alias".

\_(ツ)_/

• Edited by jrv Monday, July 24, 2017 10:25 AM
    Monday, July 24, 2017 10:20 AM
  • display name i already have , i need the user id , i tried Alias but still its giving blank values

Get-Mailbox -ResultSize Unlimited | Get-MailboxStatistics | Sort-Object TotalItemSize -Descending | Select-Object DisplayName,Alias,TotalItemSize,Database | Export-Csv c:\temp\size.csv

Monday, July 24, 2017 10:34 AM
  • You will have to use a foreach loop to capture the SamAccountName from get-mailbox.

\_(ツ)_/

Monday, July 24, 2017 10:45 AM
  • can you please send me the complete command ?
    Monday, July 24, 2017 10:53 AM

Get-MailboxStatistics | where {$_.ObjectClass eq Mailbox} | Sort-Object TotalItemSize Descending | ft @{label=User;expression={$_.DisplayName}},@{label=Total Size (MB);expression={$_.TotalItemSize.Value.ToMB()}},@{label=Items;

expression={$_.ItemCount}},@{label=Storage Limit;expression={$_.StorageLimitStatus}} -auto

try this too..

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing! http://sesaitech.blogspot.in/

Monday, July 24, 2017 11:00 AM

Get-MailboxStatistics | where {$_.ObjectClass eq Mailbox} | Sort-Object TotalItemSize Descending | ft @{label=User;expression={$_.DisplayName}},@{label=Total Size (MB);expression={$_.TotalItemSize.Value.ToMB()}},@{label=Items;

expression={$_.ItemCount}},@{label=Storage Limit;expression={$_.StorageLimitStatus}} -auto

try this too..

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing! http://sesaitech.blogspot.in/

This is not helpful.  It does not solve any problems.

\_(ツ)_/

Monday, July 24, 2017 11:02 AM
  • can you please send me the complete command ?

PowerShell has a new utility that can be used to learn about commands and syntax.  You should try it as it will help you solve many problems:

help ForEach-Object -full

\_(ツ)_/

Monday, July 24, 2017 11:04 AM
  • its asking for identity even i m typing nothing happen , means no results on power shell

did u try with you ?

Monday, July 24, 2017 11:13 AM
  • Get-MailboxStatistics -Database "Mailbox Database XXXXXXXXXXXXX" | Select DisplayName, ItemCount, TotalItemSize | Sort-Object TotalItemSize -Descending | Export-CSV C:\MBSizes.csv

Try now..i think my previous one was wrong.

Monday, July 24, 2017 11:16 AM
  • Get-MailboxStatistics -Database "Mailbox Database XXXXXXXXXXXXX" | Select DisplayName, ItemCount, TotalItemSize | Sort-Object TotalItemSize -Descending | Export-CSV C:\MBSizes.csv

Monday, July 24, 2017 11:16 AM
  • Hi Balal 

You need a foreach to be able to get the Samaccount name as this is not part of Get-MailboxStatistics you will also need a blank arrays to capture each properties. The below should work. The only problem i have had with the below is that you have to have powershell V3 or above to add the append command to export-csv. 

$mailboxes = get-mailbox -resultsize unlimited 
    foreach  ($mailbox in $mailboxes) {
    $Results=@() 
    $properties = @{
    SAMAccountName = $mailbox.sAMAccountName
    displayName = $mailbox.displayName
    TotalItemSize = (get-mailboxstatistics -id $mailbox.distinguishedname).totalitemsize
    ItemCount = (get-mailboxstatistics -id $mailbox.distinguishedname).ItemCount
    Database = $mailbox.Database
    }
    $Results += New-Object psobject -Property $properties
    $Results | select SAMAccountName,displayName,TotalItemSize,ItemCount,Database | Export-Csv c:\Temp\MAilboxExport.csv -NoTypeInformation -Append
    }

• Marked as answer by Balal Ahmad Tuesday, July 25, 2017 4:36 AM
    Monday, July 24, 2017 4:29 PM
  • Dear geoff.phillis 

this is what i was looking for.

Thanks 

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 4:36 AM