mailbox permission report RRS feed

• Question

• Hi experts
    we are using exchange hybrid environment.
    for one of my cloud mailbox xyz@mydomain.com
    i have users added to Send As, Send on Behalf and Full Access
    i want to pull the report for the users who have send as, send of behalf and Full Access permissons on this mailbox to csv file.
    Wednesday, October 17, 2018 1:17 PM

Answers

• Hello , 

Please check with this commands

Get-MailboxPermission -Identity xyz@mydomain.com  | Select-Object identity,user,@{Name="Accessrights";Expression={$_.Accessrights}} | Export-Csv c:\temp\nithya\fullaccess.csv -NoTypeInformation

Get-Mailbox -Identity xyz@mydomain.com | Select-Object name,displayname,alias,@{Name="GrantSendOnBehalfTo";Expression={$_.GrantSendOnBehalfTo}} | Export-Csv c:\temp\nithya\onbehalf.csv -NoTypeInformation

Get-Recipient -Identity xyz@mydomain.com | Get-ADPermission | Where-Object {$_.extendedrights -like "*Send*"} | Select-Object Identity,User,@{Name="extendedrights";Expression={$_.extendedrights}}  | Export-Csv c:\temp\nithya\SendAs.csv -NoTypeInformation

Thanks & Regards S.Nithyanandham

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 1:50 PM
  • Hello , 

If you using exchange online Powershell module then you need to use the CMDLET (Get-RecipientPermission) to retrieve the Send As Permissions

Reference Link : https://www.michev.info/Blog/Post/1029/easier-way-to-get-a-report-of-all-sendas-permissions-in-office-365

• Marked as answer by Risingflight Tuesday, January 1, 2019 2:02 PM
    Monday, October 22, 2018 8:32 AM

All replies

• Hello , 

Please check with this commands

Get-MailboxPermission -Identity xyz@mydomain.com  | Select-Object identity,user,@{Name="Accessrights";Expression={$_.Accessrights}} | Export-Csv c:\temp\nithya\fullaccess.csv -NoTypeInformation

Get-Mailbox -Identity xyz@mydomain.com | Select-Object name,displayname,alias,@{Name="GrantSendOnBehalfTo";Expression={$_.GrantSendOnBehalfTo}} | Export-Csv c:\temp\nithya\onbehalf.csv -NoTypeInformation

Get-Recipient -Identity xyz@mydomain.com | Get-ADPermission | Where-Object {$_.extendedrights -like "*Send*"} | Select-Object Identity,User,@{Name="extendedrights";Expression={$_.extendedrights}}  | Export-Csv c:\temp\nithya\SendAs.csv -NoTypeInformation

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 1:50 PM
  • Hello , 

I have corrected the command which i haven given for collecting Send As Permissions.

Also i am writing to see how is everything going , Please let me know if you need any further assistance on this case.

Thursday, October 18, 2018 6:39 AM
  • Hi 

i am getting error on this syntax

Thursday, October 18, 2018 7:09 PM
  • Hello , Please share me the error message , I will have a look and then I will come back to you .

Thursday, October 18, 2018 7:31 PM
  • I tried this syntax on exchange online powershell module

PS C:\Get-Recipient -Identity myuser@mydomain.com | Get-ADPermission | Where-Object {$_
    .extendedrights -like "*Send*"} | Select-Object Identity,User,@{Name="extendedrights";Expression={$_.extendedrights}}  | Export-Csv C:\SendAs.csv -NoTypeInformation

Get-ADPermission : The term 'Get-ADPermission' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
    At line:1 char:49
    + ... -Recipient -Identity myuser@mydomain.com | Get-ADPermission | Where ...
    +                                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Get-ADPermission:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Saturday, October 20, 2018 2:51 PM
  • Hello , 

If you using exchange online Powershell module then you need to use the CMDLET (Get-RecipientPermission) to retrieve the Send As Permissions

Reference Link : https://www.michev.info/Blog/Post/1029/easier-way-to-get-a-report-of-all-sendas-permissions-in-office-365

• Marked as answer by Risingflight Tuesday, January 1, 2019 2:02 PM
    Monday, October 22, 2018 8:32 AM
  • Hi,

You can use below script to get Exchange Online mailbox' permissions like send as, Full access and send onbehalf.

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Export-Office-365-Mailbox-d5c8c85f/

Script Highlights:

• The script display only “Explicitly assigned permissions” to mailboxes which means it will ignore “SELF” permission that each user on his mailbox and inherited permission.
    • Exports output to CSV file.
    • You can choose to either "export permissions of all mailboxes" or pass an input file to get permissions of specific mailboxes alone.
    • The script can be executed with MFA enabled account
    • Output file stores most required attributes like Display Name, User Principal Name, Mailbox Type, Access Type, User With Access, and Admin Roles. You can include more attributes by easily modifying script.
    • Allows you to filter output using your desired permissions like Send-as, Send-on-behalf or Full access.
    • Output can be filtered based on user/all mailbox type
    • Allows you to filter permissions on admin’s mailbox. So that you can view administrative users’ mailbox permission alone.
    Tuesday, April 30, 2019 6:02 AM