Exchange 2019 support/considerations? RRS feed

• Question

• Where does support for Exchange 2019 stand? Will the 2013/2016 MP continue to work for it and/or is there a new MP out or on the way?
    Tuesday, October 23, 2018 6:57 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If I were you I will ask the System Center team on Twitter using @MS_SystemCenter - as far as I know there is no MP for Exchange 2019 at the moment

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 7:36 PM
  • Hi,

As stated above, your best shot is to ask directly from the System Center team for example on Twitter.

Exchange 2019 will also use Managed Availability, this came already in Exchange 2013 and because of this Exchange has become more "self-healing" and the monitoring role become a smaller requirement, one of the reasons why a new Management Pack for Exchange 2016 was never created.

However, there are still quite some new features coming to Exchange 2019 so let's see if a new Management Pack will be created or not.

If you do receive an answer from the System Center team we would be glad if you could share it with us!

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 7:52 PM
  • I can share that I am trying to discover Exchange Server 2019 (on WS19) from SCOM 2019 using the latest Exchange 2003+ Management Pack. Exchange is not discovered. Running discovery with override for verbose output shows many successful discovery events for the Exchange organization and server happening on the Exchange computer. However nothing shows up discovered in the console or in the Exchange classes. Otherwise the server is reporting normally to SCOM.

Don't know yet if there is hope or if we all need to wait (and not move to Exchange 2019 if we need SCOM to watch it!).

John Joyner MVP-SC-CDM

Tuesday, April 2, 2019 1:05 AM