Dual screen save windows on screens RRS feed

• Question

• hi

is there a way I can save which programs/files are running on screens

I am using dual monitors and when I disconnect second monitor all the running programs / files are moved to first monitor.

is there way I can save so when I connect back the second monitor the programs that was ran on second monitor will move back to second monitor?

Monday, December 3, 2018 7:15 AM

All replies

• Hi eomerb,

According to your description, you need to use some three-party software to achieve this behavior.

Please refer to the following link:

Automatically Saving and Restoring Window Positions on Dock/Undock

https://www.displayfusion.com/Discussions/View/automatically-saving-and-restoring-window-positions-on-dockundock/?ID=5540c67a-5e2b-4f41-b88c-de4d9c2fa354

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope these can help you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 4, 2018 2:41 AM
  • Microsoft/Windows Media has a utility called: Windows Media Profesional  Exhibitor by Microsoft Studios,it was a WM Encoder add-on but runs solo.The utility is specifically for 2 or more monitors.If downloads doesn't have it,use youre web browser...
    Tuesday, December 4, 2018 5:00 AM
  • Hi eomerb,

If the above reply could be of help, you may mark useful reply as answer, if you have other questions, feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 6, 2018 10:02 AM
  • Hi eomerb,

We have not heard from you in a couple of days. Please post back at your convenience if we can assist further.

Best Regards,

Friday, December 14, 2018 9:48 AM