Automatically syncing and sharepoint calendar with outlook RRS feed

• Question

• I have a canendar in SharePoint 2007 that I want to be able to open as I do my outlook calendar on my BlackBerry.  Does anyone know if this is possible or how?

I was thinking one possible solution would be to attach the SharePoint Calendar to Outlook.  This I can do, but I it doesn't seem to copy to my BlackBerry.

Next, I tryied to have the SharePoint calendar automatically update into my regular calendar.  This would fix it, but I would only want my appoitments to come into my calendar.  This does not seem to be a built in feature.  Does anyone know if this is possible or is there software on the market to do this?

Thanks!

Dale

Thanks, Dale

Friday, April 6, 2012 7:59 PM

All replies

• >>I was thinking one possible solution would be to attach the SharePoint Calendar to Outlook.  This I can do, but I it doesn't seem to copy to my BlackBerry.

What you see in your Blackberry is basically coming from what is in Exchange server that has your email account/mailbox containing your personal calendar. When you connect SharePoint calendar to your Outlook, this is a function provided only by the email program, Outlook, integrating with another Microsoft product. There is no connection between your actual email mailbox sitting in Exchange and the SharePoint calendar. I believe that would be why you don't see it in your Blackberry.

>>Next, I tryied to have the SharePoint calendar automatically update into my regular calendar.

I'm just curious, how did you get SharePoint calendar to update your personal calendar in your Outlook?

>>Does anyone know if this is possible or is there software on the market to do this?

I'm not aware of any 3rd party software that could do this. Can't think of any work-around either.

Pman
    http://www.pmansLab.com/

Saturday, April 7, 2012 4:37 PM
  • >>I'm just curious, how did you get SharePoint calendar to update your personal calendar in your Outlook?

That is what I really need to do.  I know it can be done manually, by opening both calendars in Outlook and draging items from on to the other, but I need something that is automatic.

Thanks, Dale

Monday, April 9, 2012 2:05 PM
  • As far as I know, this feature doesn't exist. What's the end goal? Even if you could do something like this or see your sharepoint calendar on your blackberry, what're you trying to achieve? May be there's a different way to tackle this?

Pman
    http://www.pmansLab.com/

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 12:54 AM