none
:-( not able to login as administrator after removing windows steady state RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I installed windows steady state in my windows XP system and created some user accounts.

once i got popup for downloading
    windows steady state updates. i clicked OK. But the updates never happened even though i waited for a long time.

when i tried to login to other users(created using windows steady state),it started giving "unable to login' kinda message.

so i went to add/remove programs and selected
    windows steady state and tried to remove it.it gave error popup saying updates havent happened and asked if i still want to remove windows steady state. i clicked yes and removed windows steady state completely.i didnt get any errors. i rebboted the machine.

now when i power up the system,i see only guest account and no administrator account at all....

NOW AM COMPLETELY HELPLESS.I cant restore the system to earlier configuration either since even that needs administrator privileges. I also see that my administrator account and all other accounts i created when i type "net user" in command prompt.

Please help....I am felling totally lost. not sure if windows steady state made me very unsteady Sad

Saturday, September 13, 2008 12:49 PM

Answers

•  

Hi, if you received the message regarding username/password, I recommend you check the correct password again. If you do not know the correct password for Administrator, please contact your local administrator for help.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 2:06 AM

All replies

•  

Hi, I fully understand the inconvenience you have encountered. This issue can occur if you have not disabled restrictions in Windows SteadyState before removing it. I suggest press CTRL+ALT+DEL twice in Welcome screen, then you can type the user name Administrator and the password to log on the system. Let's see if you can log on again.

Monday, September 15, 2008 7:02 AM

• Tried Administrator and the password to log on. But gettin a msg asking me to chevck correct username/password :-(

please suggest some other ways if any.
    Monday, September 15, 2008 4:31 PM
  •  

Hi, if you received the message regarding username/password, I recommend you check the correct password again. If you do not know the correct password for Administrator, please contact your local administrator for help.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 2:06 AM