"Date&Time" column in list - set actual time and sharepoint's proposes wrong hour (eg. 17:00 instead of 16:15) RRS feed

• Question

• I created new column in list - Date and time (Date and time format: Date&Time, Default value: Today's Date)

The problem is, when I create new item in list, the default time is always set as next full hour, eg. now it's 13:15 or 13:31 ora 13:57 and in aspx form it's all the time 14:00. Obviously, I can change that date with 5 minut precision (13:05, 13:10, 13:15 etc.), but it's kind of annoying.

Thursday, October 28, 2010 2:56 PM

Answers

• Hi simon17,

In SharePoint 2007 the Data Time defaults to the nearest 5 minutes. If you display both data/time as an option to enter, you see date widget with separate dropdowns for hour and minutes, the minutes being in increments for 5, so the problem trying to assign a correct time to an issue is not easily done.

But I think we can meet your requirement by some do code working. The following thread talked about this issue and has gave relevant code. Maybe you can find the answer you want: http://www.mtelligent.com/journal/2007/9/29/sharepoint-2007-custom-date-time-field-to-default-the-time-t.html

Hope this could help you.

Regards.

• Marked as answer by David HM Friday, November 5, 2010 2:25 AM
    Monday, November 1, 2010 2:56 AM