How to Open Corrupt OST file without Accessing to MS Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• I got my OST files corrupted but i need to just look into the file. And the problem is that my system is running out of Server, I mean I cant even access Outlook. So please help me out regarding this...
    Wednesday, February 10, 2016 12:32 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Office provides a Scanpst.exe tool to repair the .pst and .ost files, but unfortunately you can't access Outlook now.

In this case, you need to use some 3rd-party tools to repair the .ost file first.

I'm not sure if there is any other tool to open .ost files, you may search such tools on the Internet.

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Thursday, February 11, 2016 6:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Office provides a Scanpst.exe tool to repair the .pst and .ost files, but unfortunately you can't access Outlook now.

In this case, you need to use some 3rd-party tools to repair the .ost file first.

I'm not sure if there is any other tool to open .ost files, you may search such tools on the Internet.

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Thursday, February 11, 2016 6:36 AM
  • As you want to access your ost file without opening it in outlook pst format then you can use a software to open that file. Recovery software to repair your corrupted OST file as well as an open OST file without accessing to Outlook. For more details or to download that software visit:-http://www.osttopstapp.com/ost-recovery.html
    Monday, May 7, 2018 12:00 PM