none
UAG with java web application cont. Paging Ben Ari RRS feed

• Question

• Hello ben.

I may have to better explain myself.

we have a publishe web applcation that use java webstart
    The process is opening a standard website page
    clicking on an image to download the JNLP page this invokes java application.

when in launch the JNLP it seems to lunch outside the portal sesstion. 
    for examle internally I can use the application without issues because it is not going through the portal session

but from outside the domain it will not launch.

I have enclosed a screen shot below to show you what I mean.

should I create a generic browser embedded application directly to the JNLP page

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/687/uagy.jpg/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHW7X3kcZPE

Video of process

Friday, June 3, 2011 10:42 PM

Answers

• Hi Michael,

Many Java applications operate by running code outside of the browser, and that could be a problem. It's not alwaya required to have a tunnel for that, because some applications still use simple URL generating scripts that can be fixed by the proper APPWrap or SRA, but I can't judge that from here. If running the app through a tunnel is OK with you, then you can use the "browser embedded application" template - it's the most suitable app for this. You will have to configure the server settings properly, to make sure the Java app can communicate with the servers it wants through the tunnel.

Good luck!

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS UAG/IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Tuesday, June 7, 2011 1:14 AM
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 1:14 AM

All replies

• You may need to use an "applicaition specific" web app to avoid the URL re-write action that UAG does, otherwise the browser embeded application may be appropriate here too.
    MrShannon | Concurrency Blogs | UAG SP1 DirectAccess Configuration Guide
    Monday, June 6, 2011 9:14 PM
  • Hi Michael,

Many Java applications operate by running code outside of the browser, and that could be a problem. It's not alwaya required to have a tunnel for that, because some applications still use simple URL generating scripts that can be fixed by the proper APPWrap or SRA, but I can't judge that from here. If running the app through a tunnel is OK with you, then you can use the "browser embedded application" template - it's the most suitable app for this. You will have to configure the server settings properly, to make sure the Java app can communicate with the servers it wants through the tunnel.

Good luck!

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS UAG/IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Tuesday, June 7, 2011 1:14 AM
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 1:14 AM