PSConfiui.exe is not a valid win32 application RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have Installed Sharepoint Server2013 on windows Server 2008 R2 and when its complete the Sharepoint Central Administration run correctly .
    then I tried to Install the Project Server and it asks for reboot befor Install

but always after being restarted the windows Server 2008 R2, the Sharepoint Central Administration doesn`t run anymore and it get the error of

C:\Program Files\Common Files \Microsoft Shared \Web Server Extensions \14\Bin\psconfigui.exe is not a valid win32 application

what is the Problem? and How should I fix it?

Saturday, April 25, 2015 12:01 PM

Answers

• 1) Have you checked the requirements in the below article > Might not be in your error direction but since your are deploying it initially no harm in checking this

- https://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/library/ee683978.aspx

- Have you installed SP1 for WinSvr

2) Maybe try repairing SP2013 and Project server install, it might fix if any registry issues, corrupted files cause of you project installation... it could also pop up any issues with installations too if you are lucky.. 

Saturday, April 25, 2015 1:13 PM

All replies

• 1) Have you checked the requirements in the below article > Might not be in your error direction but since your are deploying it initially no harm in checking this

- https://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/library/ee683978.aspx

- Have you installed SP1 for WinSvr

2) Maybe try repairing SP2013 and Project server install, it might fix if any registry issues, corrupted files cause of you project installation... it could also pop up any issues with installations too if you are lucky.. 

Saturday, April 25, 2015 1:13 PM
  • yeah Good call
    I repair the sharepoint server again and its wizard and central Administration run correctly but should I repair it after any reboot ? or after adding any new feature like project server? 
    Sunday, April 26, 2015 5:27 AM
  • No, that should not be required. Its like saying any installation on the local machine will corrupt the PSCONFIG. Nobody would want that. Its probably one of scenario that you faced and should not happen again. However, if it does then probably we need to figure out things a little more deeper that just repairing. Like whether the OS has issues, the server installation package, whether there is any other stuff that were running at installation time that could probably interfere.., or a close look at event logs... etc
    Monday, April 27, 2015 5:52 AM