FBLW15 - Mail blocked RRS feed

• Question

• I have developed an order and invoicing system and since last week, the mails are not received by my customers. When I check the log, I see that the IP address of my server (xx.xx.xx.xx) is blocked with the following message:

Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [xx.xx.xx.xx] blocked using FBLW15; To request removal from this list please forward this message to delist@messaging.microsoft.com

Mail is sent to the mail address mentioned, but I only received a confirmation of reception. What is the reason that my server is on the blacklist ? 

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 6:37 AM

Answers

• You'll have to ask Microsoft.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 12:45 AM
  • Hi,

If you or your company are sending unsolicited emails or general spam, your server will be added to the blacklist.

you'll need to clean up your internal practices before taking the steps below, or Microsoft will promptly deny your request, or they'll process it and you'll find yourself being blocked again right away.  That said, you can request removal you will need the following information:

• Grab the log entry with the specific error message or the (NDR email if you received one) from your email server.  
    • You’ll need the IP address of your email server (the sending IP address).  You’ll probably need your IT team’s assistance to get this info.
    • You’ll also need the email address you sent the email to and the send-from.
    • Ideally,  include a copy of the email.

Thanks.

Regards, Please mark it as an answer if it really helps you.

Thursday, June 26, 2014 9:11 AM

All replies

• You'll have to ask Microsoft.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 12:45 AM
  • Hi,

If you or your company are sending unsolicited emails or general spam, your server will be added to the blacklist.

you'll need to clean up your internal practices before taking the steps below, or Microsoft will promptly deny your request, or they'll process it and you'll find yourself being blocked again right away.  That said, you can request removal you will need the following information:

• Grab the log entry with the specific error message or the (NDR email if you received one) from your email server.  
    • You’ll need the IP address of your email server (the sending IP address).  You’ll probably need your IT team’s assistance to get this info.
    • You’ll also need the email address you sent the email to and the send-from.
    • Ideally,  include a copy of the email.

Thanks.

Regards, Please mark it as an answer if it really helps you.

Thursday, June 26, 2014 9:11 AM
  • Same with our recent switch to TWCBC for voice/internet service and going on day 5 without MS delisting from Blocklist.  I’ve also called 866.291.7726 5x, left 4 voice messages (states they will return call within 2 hours) but no call back from messages I’ve left since Wednesday.  We are not any blacklists and send emails to existing customers and 99% of out going mail to one addressee only.

We get this response from MS-

Service unavailable; Client host [96.xx.xx.6] blocked using FBLW15; To request removal from this list please forward this message to delist AT messaging.microsoft DOT COM

We do as instructed and get this back but NO RESPONSE from MS and still on block-list!

Hello ,

Thank you for your delisting request SRX1252092036ID. Your ticket was received on (Jun 26 2014 03:11 PM UTC) and will be responded to within 24 hours.

Our team will investigate the address that you have requested to be removed from our blocklist. If for any reason we are not able to remove your address, one of our technical support representatives will respond to you with additional information.

Regards, Technical Support

• Proposed as answer by Gnehzis Wednesday, May 20, 2015 9:39 AM
    Saturday, June 28, 2014 3:06 PM
  • Any news on this, Tuxsharpe?

-

MM

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 5:31 PM
  • Due to spam , advertising mail flood , and now e-mail servers, often to check whether there are other host IP PTR Record, and some will even be sure that your PTR Recordis consistent with the domain name of the e-mail sender e-mail address .

Check PTR Record

https://hidomain.hinet.net/

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 1:34 AM
  • A friend of mine got almost the same error only more extended (referring to sender emailaddress and mailform from certain domain.

I think this is related to your mail reputation at some filters which do not appreciate you use variable emailadresses when sending mail from webforms.

Sender emailadress from form should usually contain the same sender name as the domain its being sent from.

If you dont respect that that you will finally get blocked by mailfilters these days.

• Edited by EddiePaddie Tuesday, January 6, 2015 5:20 PM
    Tuesday, January 6, 2015 5:19 PM
  • What a complete load of crap. We have experienced the same blocking with automated messages that are sent to our customers when they enter a ticket in our ticketing system. Microsoft couldn't operate a blacklist if their life depended on it, and they shouldn't try. The incompetence is strong in this one.
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 3:23 PM
  • If you can't handle it, dont smoke it...     Microsoft is getting himself in a deep sheet.   A lot of my I MEAN  houndreds of my customers are having same trouble, and Microsoft NEVER, but NEVER responds or de list de IP.....

its very unprofessional,  i dont understand.   You have to pay thousands of dollars for the exchange service,  and they don't care a bit

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 1:16 AM