none
BitLocker

Question

• Hi,

when i updated my tablet it got locked and requires my bitlocker key.

i entered my microsoft username and password in another computer and it says an email sent to me with the password. i didnt received any mail. i need my tablet as soon as possible. what should i do??

Sunday, April 1, 2018 11:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

So you stored your recovery key in your Microsoft Account, right?

When you logged in the website here to find your key, it will prompt you to verify the account. How about use the TEXT method ? Check the 3-party mail, if it has been blocked or listed in the rubbish bin.

Since the security info is an alternate email address or phone number that you add to your account, you can remove it. Refer to: 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12428/microsoft-account-security-info-and-security-codes

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 2, 2018 2:37 AM
  • hey,

i didnt store it. never used it before. dont have any idea.

now the mail is arriving after a few hours so when im entering the code its not valid anymore. im frustrated. 

i need my computer asap. what can i do??

Monday, April 2, 2018 5:58 PM
  • But if you enable Bitlocker , you need to back up or store your recovery key somewhere, did you remember where you can find the recovery key. The key is so important that you have to enter it to get into the system.

Since you have updated your laptop, the Bitlocker go into the recovery mode, so that you have to enter recovery key to pass it. Hope the link help you to find your recovery key:https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/4026181/windows-find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key

If you can't find your recovery key, I am sorry to let you know that you need to do a clean install.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 1:04 AM