Hadoop not longer available on Excel 2016? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a local Hadoop installation, and I've recently installed Excel 2016, where Power Query is supposed to be integrated. I can't find an option to open an Excel file from a Hadoop repository. 

Can anyone help please?

Thanks!

F.

Friday, October 2, 2015 3:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Federico,
    You are on Office 365 Business plan, which doesn't include Hadoop connector. You will need to subscribe for Office 365 ProPlus.

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 7:35 AM
  • Hi Federico,
    On which Office plan is your installation?
    You need one of the premium plans of Office 2016, including Office 365 ProPlus, Office Professional Plus, Excel 2016 Standalone, and now also Office 2016 Professional.

The import from Hadoop, as the entire Power Query capabilities, has moved to the Data tab, Get & Transform section.
    Click New Query --> From Other Sources --> From Hadoop File (HDFS).

Friday, October 2, 2015 5:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Federico,
    On which Office plan is your installation?
    You need one of the premium plans of Office 2016, including Office 365 ProPlus, Office Professional Plus, Excel 2016 Standalone, and now also Office 2016 Professional.

The import from Hadoop, as the entire Power Query capabilities, has moved to the Data tab, Get & Transform section.
    Click New Query --> From Other Sources --> From Hadoop File (HDFS).

Friday, October 2, 2015 5:41 PM
  • Hi Raviv,

I have a Premuim plan (in spanish, but I think is called Enterprise). I found the Data tab, and I have options to import from azure or other sources, but the Hadoop option is missing. 

Making tests, I found that if I open the Query in advanced mode, and write:

= Hdfs.Files(<web address>)

Then I can open Hadoop, but I need the option on the menu for the less experienced users.

Thanks,

F.

Friday, October 2, 2015 5:46 PM
  • Thank you for the feedback. If you see Azure connectors but not Hadoop, this is a bug. Can you send us a screenshot of the options you see under From Other Sources?
    Friday, October 2, 2015 5:49 PM
  • Of course!

Please be aware that is a Spanish installation, so the menues are not in english.

Thanks,

F.

Friday, October 2, 2015 6:46 PM
  • Could you share the File-->Account screen? Somehow you are missing all the premium connectors.
    Friday, October 2, 2015 7:43 PM
  • Of course!

Friday, October 2, 2015 7:47 PM
  • Is possible that the reason is because I started the free 30-days trial? Then, I've purchased the licenses on the day 2, but in my subscriptions, the trial is still active...
    Friday, October 2, 2015 7:55 PM
  • Hi Federico,
    You are on Office 365 Business plan, which doesn't include Hadoop connector. You will need to subscribe for Office 365 ProPlus.

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 7:35 AM
  • What is the Office 365 ProPlus "Premium" plan... i.e. the one that offers office features of Office Pro + the mail capabilities of the Business Premium and not the enterprise capabilities? I'm on the SBP plan currently. Seems to be a missing SKU here...

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 2:39 PM
  • I'm on a stand-alone Office Professional Plus 2016 product, yet run into the same issue, no Hadoop in dropdown...

Product ID: 00265-80190-77080-AA312Session ID: 78F1B370-310E-490A-AE0B-8DCC5DB83479

• Edited by J Wai Monday, January 15, 2018 3:13 AM
    Monday, January 15, 2018 3:13 AM