Just installed new ADK, error message upon launch (ADK is not present) RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed the latest ADK for Windows 10 1703 Creator's Edtn. onto my Windows Server 2008 R2 virtual server.  I uninstalled the old ADK version first as instructed by people here. MDT 2013 8.1 is also installed on this server.  Been working fine for years.

Now when I launch Deployment Workbench I get this warning message pop up below indicating I need to install the old ADK version which I just uninstalled.  The Deployment Workbench utility will open but there are no deployment shares, my original deployment share, tasks sequences, everything, are gone.  I have not upgraded to latest ver. of MDT yet, that was my next step but this stopped me in my tracks. If you can tell me what I did wrong and how I can fix this I will incredibly grateful.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 2:41 PM

Answers

• I think you will find that after you upgrade to MDT 8443, this error will not occur.  I believe the problem is that the version of MDT you are running does not support the Windows 10 ADK.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 4:44 PM

All replies

• I think you will find that after you upgrade to MDT 8443, this error will not occur.  I believe the problem is that the version of MDT you are running does not support the Windows 10 ADK.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 4:44 PM
  • Okay, I had a hunch that might be it. You are correct about my MDT ver. It is an older version that supports up to Windows 8.1.  I posted my other questions about a step-by-step guide or formal set of instructions for installing the two components (ADK & MDT) and if there is a specific order you need to install them but could not find a clear answer.

So what do you think is the best plan of attack to fix this?  

• should I uninstall the newer ADK and reinstall the old one, test everything and if okay upgrade MDT to 8443?  or...
    • should I simply upgrade to MDT 8443?...or
    • restore my server back to it's orig. old config, then upgrade MDT and ADK in that order?

as always I appreciate yours and others' feedback here.

Lynchburg Mike

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 5:35 PM
  • I just went ahead and installed the MDT 8443 upgrade and it looks like it completed without a problem.  One thing I am concerned about is the LiteTouchPE_x86 and LiteTouchPE_x64 boot WIM files. The x86 one looks like it has been updated by the upgrade since it is time-date stamped for today, however the x64 version has not been touched, it's the same version I updated back in Feb. this year. Not sure if it's a concern yet. I guess I will know once I start imaging.  

Also, the LiteTouch.vbs script file has a Modified date from Sept. of last year and creation date from 6yrs ago. Many of the script files have the same Modified date from Sept. 2016.  I don't know if they changed or not since I did not take notice of the dates before I did the upgrade.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 9:01 PM