Windows Photo Viewer Not Displaying Image Properly RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Windows Vista Ultimate, AthlonXP,1GB RAM, FX5200 128MB Display.

All my pictures will become pink weird colour when i open the picture with directly double clicking it which open it with Windows Photo Viewer. But i discovered that if i right click then use the "Edit" to open it, the picture will be fine. Everything display nicely in thumbnails.

Here is what i see when open with Windows Photo Viewer.

http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=windowsphotogallerywz4.jpg

Saturday, March 3, 2007 4:11 AM

Answers

• Ok i have figured it out myself. The problem is caused by the defective monitor color profile from my Samsung SyncMaster driver. I remove the profile and restart then everything works the way it should be.
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 1:09 AM

All replies

• I am using Windows vista ultimate, Athlon 64 3000+, 1GB RAM, ATI 9600XT and it is the same pink-like image when i try to open any of my photographs.

Any suggestion or may I use another program, such as Irfanview, to see my photographs?

Monday, March 5, 2007 3:28 PM
  • Ok i have figured it out myself. The problem is caused by the defective monitor color profile from my Samsung SyncMaster driver. I remove the profile and restart then everything works the way it should be.
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 1:09 AM
  • it has been exactly the same problem for me. I have a syncmaster as well and I have changed to the generic driver. Now everything works fine.
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 10:06 AM
  • glad to here that u also solved your problem. that means samsung driver got problem in the color profile.
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 1:31 PM