access denied. you do not have access to this sharepoint site... RRS feed

• Question

• I have this problem when I run Dashboard Designer. Can anyone help.
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:06 PM

Answers

• Not sure this will help, but I saw and resolved this problem for myself by changing permissions. A few things to note:

• Seems that no matter how you launch designer you are logged in as the user you are logged into Windows as (at least I saw this)
    • I had to give Full Control to the user I was logged into Windows with. This had to be done at the PWA site level (not just BI level)

Friday, July 15, 2011 8:01 PM

All replies

• Hah?? I have never gotten this error. Have you try to grant the permission to the user? I dont know, but you may try. :)
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 1:38 PM
  • I have full access I am an administrator to the site and server its only when I go into

Business Intelligence Center

Create Dashboards

Start Using PerformancePoint Services

Run DashBoard Designer

When the Designer come up the error appears,

Thursday, May 12, 2011 7:21 PM
  • Please read this documentation, it seems the user doesnt have designer permissions.
    Friday, May 13, 2011 4:27 AM
  • I am an administrator with design privileges.  This is for publishing. I have not gotten that far. This is when I am starting to entering design
    Friday, May 13, 2011 3:24 PM
  • Did you get this error from a client machine or the server? What authentication mode was your SharePoint site configured?

Thanks & Regards.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 9:03 AM
  • Server.... Working on the sharepoint server
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 2:45 PM
  • Not sure this will help, but I saw and resolved this problem for myself by changing permissions. A few things to note:

• Seems that no matter how you launch designer you are logged in as the user you are logged into Windows as (at least I saw this)
    • I had to give Full Control to the user I was logged into Windows with. This had to be done at the PWA site level (not just BI level)

Friday, July 15, 2011 8:01 PM
  • This makes sense, given that DD doesn't ask for credentials when you open it.  I'll try a machine at the office, I guess.

Though it does lead one to the question of why Microsoft didn't simply build in the same credential handling that SharePoint Designer uses, would completely circumvent this problem.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 1:38 AM