IE8 MOSS Enterprise authentication requests when datasheet view cells are adjusted RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user that gets dunned for authentication when he tries to resize the cells in his datasheet view. He isn't denied, but he has to reenter his credentials every time he slides a cell bigger or smaller.

I have checked to see if it is the lack of SP2 but he has this behavior on a system we have with SP2 as well as the unpatched system.

He does not have this problem on my machine which is running IE7.

I suppose that it could be a Office issue of some type as we have a variety of 2003 2007 and 2010 Office apps around here.

Has anyone else seen this?

We have pushed Access 2007 runtime to all desktops here because most persons have Office 2003 and they cannot see the datasheet view without it. This user has Office 2010 however.

Monday, December 20, 2010 10:00 PM

Answers

• As you noted, it works correctly from IE7, but not IE8.

That being the case, you could use the Compatability Mode for IE8 which should render the content in IE8 the way IE7 would.

I see this kind of thing all the time.  The problem is that IE8 and now IE9, was produced AFTER SharePoint 2007 came to market.  As a result, they don't always render contents the same way IE7 did, especially in light of Microsoft's move to move standards based HTML rendering in the recent browsers.  This is a great thing, but will cause some issues with older versions of SharePoint from time to time.

I trust that answers your question...

Thanks
    C

http://www.cjvandyk.com/blog
    • Marked as answer by Peng Lei Friday, January 7, 2011 2:44 AM
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 2:13 PM
    Answerer