the file or directory \windows\debug\usermode\userenv.log is corrupt and unreadable RRS feed

• Question

• When I start the computer I get the error message the file or directory  \windows\debug\usermode\userenv.log is corrupt and unreadable run chkdsk.  Please, help me eliminate this error.  I am running Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3.
    • Moved by Ken Warren Thursday, January 6, 2011 7:58 PM off topic for Windows Home Server forums (From:Windows Home Server Software)
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 10:10 AM

Answers

• When in windows try

start-->run-->then type ---> chkdsk /r

Then reboot the computer. When it boots it should start to doing some file checks etc. Let it proceed and see if that helps.

www.mypchealth.co.uk
    Friday, January 7, 2011 12:54 PM
  • Yes, insert your OS disc and restart your computer, should prompt you to boot from disc, (If not, find out which F# to hit on restart to bring up boot menu, and then select boot from cd) after that you should come to the reinstall window, select option 2, to repair, that should lead you to the command prompt window, then type in chkdsk /r and hit enter. It takes a while but your computer should reboot to windows.

Had the same problem, hope this helps

Monday, December 30, 2013 9:29 PM

All replies

• When in windows try

start-->run-->then type ---> chkdsk /r

Then reboot the computer. When it boots it should start to doing some file checks etc. Let it proceed and see if that helps.

www.mypchealth.co.uk
    Friday, January 7, 2011 12:54 PM
  • it's not working at all

cannot open the directory display's

after restarting the comp

another way to fix it plz help

Monday, December 30, 2013 10:03 AM
  • Yes, insert your OS disc and restart your computer, should prompt you to boot from disc, (If not, find out which F# to hit on restart to bring up boot menu, and then select boot from cd) after that you should come to the reinstall window, select option 2, to repair, that should lead you to the command prompt window, then type in chkdsk /r and hit enter. It takes a while but your computer should reboot to windows.

Had the same problem, hope this helps

Monday, December 30, 2013 9:29 PM