Printing Bing! maps doesn't work after June update RRS feed

• Question

• I have posted this other places, but thought I would try here as well.  This behavior started after last week's Windows update was installed.  I searched this forum for "print" and "bing maps" and have not gotten any matches since the last update.  If I try to print Bing maps in IE 11, it doesn't work.  To duplicate go to any Bing map, hit print from the drop-down menu.  The select a printer dialogue box appears and then you get the following error (localized to your account on your machine): 

Bill

Monday, June 26, 2017 12:22 PM

All replies

• Error is:

Cannot find

'file:///C:/Users/Bill/AppData/Local/Temp/about:bla...

Make sure the path pr Internet address is correct.

Bill

Monday, June 26, 2017 12:28 PM
  • Hi,

Use the Print button on the Bing.com/Maps action bar instead. Bing has been programmed on purpose to only allow printing via the Print button on the action bar (all web browsers).

Run windows update again on your Win7 machine to install any patches issued by MS for your windows version to correct the know printing problem with iframes.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Monday, June 26, 2017 7:54 PM
  • Same result using the print button from the toolbar. 

Bill

Monday, June 26, 2017 8:02 PM
  • use the Print button from the bing maps Action bar.... as outlined in screenshot. Have you checked for updates again?

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Monday, June 26, 2017 10:38 PM
  • Hi, 

I have noticed some known issue on IE printing after June's update. 

Microsoft is working to resolve the printing difficulties some users may be experiencing with Internet Explorer 11. Meanwhile, here is an alternative for impacted customers who must print from IE that is safer than uninstalling the June 2017 security rollup. This alternative method is to install KB4032782, which will remove only the single security update from the June release that is causing the printing issue, while keeping all the rest of the June security protections in place.

Thanks for post this issue out. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 2:59 AM
  • The same issue occurs if a Bing map is part of the webpage that you are trying to print.
    Thursday, June 29, 2017 8:55 AM