Urgent : NAP on Cluster nodes RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

DHCP is clustered on a Windows 2008 Failover cluster. I am planning to go for NAP and and use the DHCP cluster as my NAP enforcement server. Is it appropriate to have the NAP policy health server 1 on same node 1 of cluster and NAP policy health server 2 on node 2 of the DHCP cluster. Is this a suppoorted scenario.?

Thanks

sandeep
    Tuesday, May 18, 2010 6:38 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I can't provide an authoritative answer because I haven't tested this scenario or seen a conclusive answer to the question when it has been asked previously. However, I can tell you that the NPS role does not benefit from clustering. To load balance NPS, you need to use remote RADIUS server groups and proxy the authentication requests. See http://technet.microsoft.com/ru-ru/library/dd197433(WS.10).aspx.

If you have multiple NAP health policy servers, you will need to have a way of replicating policies among the various servers. A better idea might be to have a single NPS server, or a group configured as described above using a remote RADIUS server group. Each of the DHCP servers can then be a proxy and forward authentication requests to the main NPS server (the NAP health policy server) for approval.

-Greg

• Marked as answer by Karen Ji Monday, May 24, 2010 4:11 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Sandeeprmarar Thursday, July 22, 2010 11:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sandeeprmarar Thursday, July 22, 2010 11:43 AM
    Thursday, May 20, 2010 6:59 PM