How to save the view RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I created many custom views on our wsus server to make administration easier so I created custom view for windows 10, windows server 2016 etc. updates so that I see updates only for specific product. However if I close the console and re-open it or if I reboot the server all custom views disappear. Is there a way to save custom views?

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 11:08 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It is by design. If you would like to save it you will need to use MMC console for it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. 
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

nedimmehic.org

• Marked as answer by Silvio Gelli Tuesday, September 5, 2017 11:22 AM
    Tuesday, September 5, 2017 11:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It is by design. If you would like to save it you will need to use MMC console for it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. 

nedimmehic.org

• Marked as answer by Silvio Gelli Tuesday, September 5, 2017 11:22 AM
    Tuesday, September 5, 2017 11:11 AM
  • It looks like that it is the only way.

Thank you

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 11:22 AM
  • Hello Silvio,

What's the OS running on WSUS server?

I don't experience this on WSUS server with Windows server 2016 running. If I open the WSUS console from Server Manager, the customized Update Views are still there.

Best regards,
    Andy Liu

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 3:00 AM
  • Hi Andy,

I am using windows server 2016. I tried from server manager but not working. I have pin wsus console to taskbar so that I don't need open server manager all the time

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 1:59 PM