I lost all my bookmarks when I upgraded windows RRS feed

• Question

• Recently, due to a few problems with edge, I had to upgrade windows. By doing so I lost all of my bookmarks and I don't know how to get them back: I also had some bookmarks in private mode and I was wondering if it was possible to get those back as well.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 11:14 PM

Answers

• Open Windows.Old folder in your system drive, then browse to this :  system drive\windows.log\users\Favorites folder 

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by arnavsharma Wednesday, April 19, 2017 4:40 AM
    Tuesday, April 11, 2017 11:30 PM
  • Hi,

As all of the data before upgrade is stored in Windows.old file. We could back up Microsoft Edge favorites in the following path:  C:\Windows.old\Users\user name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites

Please note that Windows.old folder only exists one month after upgrade, then it will be deleted automatically.

Best regards,
    Joy.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 8:52 AM

All replies

• Open Windows.Old folder in your system drive, then browse to this :  system drive\windows.log\users\Favorites folder 

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 11:30 PM
  • Hi,

As all of the data before upgrade is stored in Windows.old file. We could back up Microsoft Edge favorites in the following path:  C:\Windows.old\Users\user name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites

Please note that Windows.old folder only exists one month after upgrade, then it will be deleted automatically.

Best regards,
    Joy.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 8:52 AM