event log MSSQL$MICROSOFT##SSEE RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

on a 2008 R2 Server with WSUS installed, I'm seeing a number of events on every startup. Example:

Protokollname: Application
    Quelle: MSSQL$MICROSOFT##SSEE
    Ereignis-ID: 17137
    Aufgabenkategorie:(2)
    Ebene: Informationen
    Schlüsselwörter:Klassisch
    Benutzer: Nicht zutreffend
    Beschreibung:
    Die Beschreibung für die Ereignis-ID "17137" aus der Quelle "MSSQL$MICROSOFT##SSEE" wurde nicht gefunden. Entweder ist die Komponente, die dieses Ereignis auslöst, nicht auf dem lokalen Computer installiert, oder die Installation ist beschädigt. Sie können die Komponente auf dem lokalen Computer installieren oder reparieren.

Falls das Ereignis auf einem anderen Computer aufgetreten ist, mussten die Anzeigeinformationen mit dem Ereignis gespeichert werden.

Die folgenden Informationen wurden mit dem Ereignis gespeichert:

tempdb

Der angegebene Ressourcentyp wurde nicht in der Image-Datei gefunden

Many of them, like the one in the example, seem to be trivial "information type" events, in this case 17137 = "Starting up database y".

But for all of those events, the text is a generic "no message found" instead of the clear text of the event. Is it possible to reinstall something to get the messages themselves back? Is there a DLL somewhere that needs to be re-regeistered or something like that?

Regards, AngusMac

Monday, January 7, 2013 2:07 PM

Answers

All replies

• Its english fourm, please sahre the error message in english.

This error is related to windows enternal database.

Refer link, it mat be helpful in accessing this DB : http://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/1577/administering-your-windows-internal-database-microsoftssee-instance/?utm_source=dailynewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=headline&utm_campaign=2012129

Regards,
    Rohit Garg
    (My Blog)
    This posting is provided with no warranties and confers no rights.
    Please remember to click Mark as Answer and Vote as Helpful on posts that help you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, January 7, 2013 2:19 PM
  • The message simply says "no message available". It is the standard text that appears when no clear text message for this event can be found.

I was wondering why that is the case, where the message text is being looked for and how to reinstall it, if possible.

Regards, AngusMac

• Edited by AngusMac Monday, January 7, 2013 2:37 PM
    Monday, January 7, 2013 2:35 PM
  • Is it a VM by any chance?

The last time I saw these messages were when it was a cluster and the message was from the other node. If you login to the other node you could see the correct message.

I dont think it is the case here as it is an internal database. Is the information that is put in the eventviewer from a different machine?

Regards, Ashwin Menon My Blog - http:\\sqllearnings.com

Monday, January 7, 2013 3:43 PM
    Answerer
  • No, it's not a VM, not a remote computer either. Just the native event viewer on an administrator account.

The database as such is apparently working fine, it's just the messages that are incomplete.

Regards, AngusMac

Monday, January 7, 2013 5:30 PM
  • You might be able to log onto the instance using management studio and check the sql logs.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dhirajm/archive/2009/01/26/how-to-connect-sql-embedded-edition-to-sql-management-studio.aspx

Monday, January 7, 2013 10:06 PM
  • You can also go for Event Monitoring tools.. which will show you the error messages in readable formate
    • Edited by peterdru Tuesday, January 8, 2013 12:01 PM
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 12:01 PM
  • For accessing the logs, is it required to connect "as SQL" as described in the procedure you linked? Currently, I'm getting an error when connected as

server type: database module

server name: \\.\pipe\mssql$microsoft##ssee\sql\query

authentication: Windows Auth

I'm using "SQL Server Management Studio 2008 R2". When I select "Management"/"SQL Server Logs" I get a popup 

Error retrieving data for the request (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Sdk.Sfc)

Exception on execution of Transact-SQL-Command or Reansact-SQL-Batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

Is this to be expected from the way I connect to the Windows Internal Database?

Regards, AngusMac

• Edited by AngusMac Thursday, January 10, 2013 9:22 AM
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 9:22 AM