AppV 5.0: Install application through msi RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a package through AppV 5.0. I'm installing the application through the generated msi. It's a standalone deployment. When i applying a script through UserConfig.xml file then its working fine but when i applying the script through DeploymentConfig.xml, The application fails to launch.

I'm first installing the application through msi and using below mentioned command to apply script using powershell:

Set-AppvClientPackage -Name XYZ -DynamicDeploymentConfiguration "C:\APP\APP_DeploymentConfig.xml"

I wanted the script to run as soon as the shortcut launches but i'm getting below mentioned error:

The application requested cannot be launched. check your network connection and try again

error code: 10151131160869078281

I checked event viewer but could get any info.

Surender Gousain

Friday, January 18, 2013 10:17 AM

All replies

• Do you have the same issue if you add and publish the package via PowerShell?
    • Where is the source .appv file? Is that in a location that is accessible?

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Friday, January 18, 2013 11:10 AM
  • While publishing through powershell the userconfig.xml is working fine but the Deploymentconfig.xml is giving issue. 

I kept the .appv file in C:\ drive and it accessible. I'm installing and launching the application in the same user.

Surender Gousain

Friday, January 18, 2013 11:29 AM
  • Do You see any informations to this error in the “Applications and Services Logs” portion of the event viewer?
    Monday, January 21, 2013 10:07 PM
  • I checked in the logs but i didn't find anything there.

Surender Gousain

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 6:06 AM
  • Hello,

So, the logs were completely empty? If Applications and Services -> Microsoft -> App-V have empty logs it and you receive the above error it sounds like an installation gone bad. I would suggest you reinstall the entire App-V client, or maybe in the worst case scenario, the entire machine

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Saturday, January 26, 2013 12:56 PM
  • @Znack

I have installed the appv Client again. Still facing the same issue. Before deploying the Deployment config file In Virtual application management console it shows 1 package but after deploying the deployment Config file when i refresh that console it shows 0 packages.

When i checked the log under AppV->Client-> Streaming Manager -> Admin I can see many entries. There is 1 error as well 

Failed to parse uri provider guid, result = The configuration registry key is invalid.. 

Could not able to understand.

After launching the shortcut i'm getting the same issue. I check the logs again and under AppV-> Client -> Operational i'm getting below mentioned info.

Results for Embedded Scripting Enabled Status query. Package: {f02f2d58-e40e-49e2-a0a8-ad333c4ed99d}; query return code: 0x80-0x0; event name: TerminateVirtualEnvironment, is enabled: true.

Surender Gousain

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:53 AM