CX600 fatal hardware error RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone know what "Fatal Hardware Error - Please contact your system administrator" on a CX600 really means?  This message is displayed on the screen when the phone powers up.  All I can tell is that the phone will not work at all and will not boot.  I've tried both the "hard" and "factory" resets and the error persists.

The phone was powered by POE from the swtich and failed after the switch was rebooted for a maintenance update.  No other CX600 phones were affected by the network swtich reboot... only this one phone.

Thanks for any info the community can give!

Thursday, October 6, 2016 2:16 PM

Answers

• I think your phone is just dead, perhaps I'm stating the obvious.  I did a bit of digging and since that's a Microsoft firmware message, not a Polycom one, Polycom is pointing at Microsoft in some of the forums.  So I'm not sure of what exactly is causing the Microsoft firmware to fault, it would be many things.  I've never actually seen this one though, but if a hard/factory reset doesn't fix it, replace if within warranty, toss it if it's not.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Friday, October 7, 2016 6:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Matt DeLong Friday, October 7, 2016 12:51 PM
    Thursday, October 6, 2016 4:11 PM

All replies

• I think your phone is just dead, perhaps I'm stating the obvious.  I did a bit of digging and since that's a Microsoft firmware message, not a Polycom one, Polycom is pointing at Microsoft in some of the forums.  So I'm not sure of what exactly is causing the Microsoft firmware to fault, it would be many things.  I've never actually seen this one though, but if a hard/factory reset doesn't fix it, replace if within warranty, toss it if it's not.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Friday, October 7, 2016 6:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Matt DeLong Friday, October 7, 2016 12:51 PM
    Thursday, October 6, 2016 4:11 PM
  • Looks like Hardware related as Anthony was saying , might need to replace the device with a new one 

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Friday, October 7, 2016 10:40 AM