Unable to display this Web Part---NewForm.aspx RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a list for storing some information. And I have customized the NewForm.aspx/EditForm.aspx/DispForm.aspx.

In SPD everything seems OK, but in the browser I get error occasionally when I open NewForm.aspx in IE(sometimes error will not occur). There is no error when I open EditForm.aspx or DispForm.aspx in IE.

The error is:

"Unable to display this Web Part. To troubleshoot the problem, open this Web page in a Microsoft SharePoint Foundation-compatible HTML editor such as Microsoft SharePoint Designer. If the problem persists, contact your Web server administrator."

There are about 11000 records in my list. When I open NewForm.aspx in IE, the speed is a bit slow. But when  I open EditForm.aspx or DispForm.aspx, the speed is quicker than the previous one.

Can any one help me?

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 11:05 AM

All replies

• Hello,

What version of SharePoint you are using?

Also make below changes in your web application web.config file in "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\web app port num" location. This will give you more generic error message.

1. Open up your sites web.config, and make the standard custom errors edit. You want it to be < customerrors mode="Off"/>
       2. Then, search for the CallStack="false" and change it to CallStack="true", you should find this in the "<safemode>" node.

Hemendra:Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 11:36 AM
  • Thank you for your reply. The version is SharePoint 2007. Because I am not the admin of the site. I do not have permission to touch web.config file. I can only use SharePoint designer to modify the page or set workflow.
    Wednesday, May 21, 2014 11:45 AM
  • Hello,

I don't think you can track the error with this information only.. Basically this is very conman error and come in many cases. You can at least ask for ULS log details from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\LOGS from your admin. You can also keep monitoring the site and identify when this error comes.

Hemendra:Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help

Thursday, May 22, 2014 4:56 AM