none
MS Project 2013 - Data missing when printing in the Resource Usage spreadsheet RRS feed

• Question

• Current App vitals:  Microsoft Project 2013 (15.0.4433.1506) MSO (15.0.4454.1002) 64-bit

Resource Usage view - when I print or preview my report, not all of the information within the assigned dates of resources are printed (like: data content is missing – if 10 hours are displayed for the months of Jan – Dec 2013 for a resource and only July, Aug or Sep months contain data values in the printout and the other resouces have values missing for identical months as well).  I can copy and paste these values into MS Excel all the data is present for the 2013 year.  I am not sure what is happening?  This is my first experience of data in the spreadsheet not printing.  Purpose of request – we usually publish these reports via pdf’s.  The same results happen when I print to a local printer as well.  Are there any settings I should check?

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:08 PM

Answers

• I've not had a chance to install and test - but please see the following:

Issues that this hotfix package fixes

• Assume that you print a view or a report in Project 2013. Additionally, assume that you specify that the pages be stapled together. Then, you print multiple copies of the view or report. In this situation, each copy is not stapled separately.
    • Assume that you set the Week starts on calendar option to any day except Sunday in Project 2013. Additionally, assume that you set the bottom timescale of a usage view to months or years. In this situation, data in the calendar is displayed in the incorrect month.
    • When you print or print preview a task or resource usage view in Project 2013, only the first one or two pages in a multiple page printout are printed or displayed correctly. Additionally, the remaining data on the pages may be misplaced or blank where data is expected.
    • Assume that you display the Resource Graph view in Project 2013. Additionally, assume that the view in the top pane is a task or resource view. In this situation, the data in the Resource Graph view is displayed in an incorrect period.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2768336

For information on the cumulative updates and scheduled see:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/projectsupport/archive/2013/04/11/microsoft-project-server-2007-2010-and-2013-april-2013-cu-announcement.aspx

Thursday, April 18, 2013 4:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Rich,

Yes, that has been reproduced by several people.  I have reported it to the good folks at Microsoft - and will update the thread below when I have further news to share:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectprofessional2010general/thread/91b14643-979d-48e2-8731-9401f7595254

Julie

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:50 PM
  • Thanks
    Julie!!<o:p></o:p>

After you know of a fix - please let me know so I can download the patch for my use and really appreciate your reply too.<o:p></o:p>

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:41 PM
  • Will do, Rich.  I don't know if/when a patch is in the works.  The best I can report is that it has been reported.
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 8:57 PM
  • Anything on this as of yet?  I have a Project user with this same problem.  This is a major stopper in Project.  Hey Microsoft - we need help on this!
    Thursday, April 18, 2013 12:55 PM
  • As a work around - you can export to PDF and print it - and that works fine.  But - we still need a fix.
    Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:27 PM
  • I've not had a chance to install and test - but please see the following:

Issues that this hotfix package fixes

• Assume that you print a view or a report in Project 2013. Additionally, assume that you specify that the pages be stapled together. Then, you print multiple copies of the view or report. In this situation, each copy is not stapled separately.
    • Assume that you set the Week starts on calendar option to any day except Sunday in Project 2013. Additionally, assume that you set the bottom timescale of a usage view to months or years. In this situation, data in the calendar is displayed in the incorrect month.
    • When you print or print preview a task or resource usage view in Project 2013, only the first one or two pages in a multiple page printout are printed or displayed correctly. Additionally, the remaining data on the pages may be misplaced or blank where data is expected.
    • Assume that you display the Resource Graph view in Project 2013. Additionally, assume that the view in the top pane is a task or resource view. In this situation, the data in the Resource Graph view is displayed in an incorrect period.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2768336

For information on the cumulative updates and scheduled see:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/projectsupport/archive/2013/04/11/microsoft-project-server-2007-2010-and-2013-april-2013-cu-announcement.aspx

Thursday, April 18, 2013 4:18 PM
  • That fixed it.  Thanks!!!
    Friday, April 19, 2013 12:28 PM
  • Great.  Glad to know and thanks for the feedback.

Julie

Friday, April 19, 2013 12:54 PM
  • Hi Julie,

MS Project 2013 - Data missing when printing in the Resource Usage spreadsheet

Hi Julie,

Hi Julie,

I have the same problem:

MS Project 2013 - Data missing when printing in the Resource Usage spreadsheet and the text shifts under the dates column to an earlier date

I tired the fix and it does not work.

please help

Friday, August 16, 2013 4:20 AM
  • Tell us more about what you are seeing.  Are you running 64 or 32 bit?  Are you seeing both data missing and date shifts?
    Friday, August 16, 2013 12:58 PM