none
CN=Public Folders exists in both Folder Hierarchies and Microsoft Exchange - Can I delete one? RRS feed

• Question

• I've been troubleshooting a free/busy error (8207) as well as some EXCDO (8208) errors in my event viewer for my MS Exchange 2007 installation.

In my investigation I found that CN=Public Folders exists in 2 locations the default CN=Microsoft Exchange, CN=Services, CN=Configuration

AND in

2nd Location

CN=Folder Hierarchies, CN=Exchange Administrative Group (XXXXXXXXX), CN=Administrative Groups, CD=DomainName, CN=Microsoft Exchange, CN=Services, CN=Configuration

Which is what I understand the correct location to be.  What concerns me about this second location is that the CN=Public Folders  msExchOwningPFTree is <not set> and  msExchPFTreeType is set to 0.  Both attributes are set in the 1st location with msExchPFTreeType set to 1 (which I am under the impression is the correct data) and msExchOwningPFTree is set to the public folders location in the CN=First Storage Group, CN=Information Store location.

Is it safe/OK or advisable to delete the 2nd version with both attributes unset and move the default version to the location of the 2nd? 

Is it possible to rename the 2nd CN=Public Folders just in case I need to put it back in place? 

Thanks for any information you can provide. Please let me know if I can provide anything further.

Thanks!!

Friday, June 5, 2015 6:40 PM

Answers