Outlook values and settings like phone number RRS feed

• Question

• I'm checking how to solve empty spaces like phone number

1. 0044 01 440 07 ... also detected

2. ()  and

3. +

example: +44 (62) 8976 XXX

It is not real number but just example. How to rule such empty spaces that phone number can be called as

+4422

• Edited by toplisek Friday, May 8, 2015 12:31 PM
    Friday, May 8, 2015 12:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I'm not clear about your intention. Do you want to stop Outlook from formatting phone numbers with () and spaces? If this is the case, number formatting can be easily prevented in Outlook by typing the number in the field on the contact form and not using the Check Phone Number feature.

In addition, if your phone doesn’t handle the parentheses around the area code, switch to the International Freephone Service in Control Panel, Phone and Modem options. Using this location, Outlook will leave your number as typed: 2021234567 provided you do not check the phone number, or if you do, click Cancel to close the Check Phone Number dialog. For detailed information, please have a look at the following article:

http://www.slipstick.com/problems/phone-number-formatting-for-outlook-and-smartphones/

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If I've misunderstood something, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Steve Fan Monday, May 11, 2015 5:45 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Thursday, May 21, 2015 1:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Friday, May 22, 2015 1:25 AM
    Monday, May 11, 2015 5:44 AM
  • Sorry not to be clear. I have actually spaces between numbers like 021 230 250 or 0850 210 8678

When I try to call it will not be detected as it is not 021230250 or 08502108678.

It posts an error message like: This type of phone number includes wrong characters or it is wrong written etc.

Can you send me exact steps how to set formatting in the correct way to detect such phone numbers?

• Edited by toplisek Thursday, May 28, 2015 10:36 AM
    Thursday, May 28, 2015 10:35 AM