none
how to verify lockout treshold and duration set bij local GPO using script

Question

• Hi all,

I want to succeed in veryfying the account lockout treshold and duration by checking registry.

However this is impossible in server 2012 r2. previously these settings where visible in the registry but now it seems that they are hide in the SAM section which is not accessible.

WMI RSOP does not contain information as it is no group policy.

Any alternatives?

Kind rergards,

AL

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 6:40 AM

All replies

• Just found that using net accounts the local gpo settings are shown not i have to find a way to strip that using powershell to be able to veriy the correct line and content. Any help?
    Wednesday, April 15, 2015 6:51 AM
  • Hi AL,

>>how to verify lockout treshold and duration set bij local GPO using script

What does this mean? Does this mean that we are using a standalone server and want to check the account lockout policy set via local GPO?  

>>Just found that using net accounts the local gpo settings are shown not i have to find a way to strip that using powershell to be able to veriy the correct line and content

What do we want to achieve here? As you stated, we can run net accounts command to check password policy and account lockout policy.  Besides, we can also run command gpreult/h report.html with admin privileges to collect group policy result report to check this.

Best regards,
    Frank Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Frank Shen5Moderator Wednesday, May 06, 2015 3:01 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by LA1976 Wednesday, May 06, 2015 4:38 AM
    Friday, April 17, 2015 1:58 AM