none
when Replicating not able to add a new subscriber RRS feed

• Question

• I was trying to do incremental replication..

i created new publication under replication,Local Publications,rightclick New publication.

After publication is been created i right clicked that publication name and clicked on  new subscription.

in that wizard it is asking for subscribers, i clicked add sql server subscriber, there  i provided server name , username as 'sa' and password 'sa'

it is giving an error

"SQL server replication requires the actual server name to make a connection to the server .Connections through a server alias,IP address , or any other alternate name are not supported.Specify the actual server name , 'servername'.(replication.Utilities)"

actually i tried 1) ip address , username , password, 2) actual server name ,username , password, with and with out  its utilities in all the orders but i am getting same error..

Note i also tried to connect to linked server using

sp_link_publication @publisher = publishername ,@publication = publication name ,@Publisher_db = Publisher_db Name, security_mode=0 ,@login = sa,@password = sa

but i am getting an error msg 7391, level 16 , state 2, line 1

the operation could not be performed because OLE DB provider  "----" was unable to begin a distributed transaction

can any one help me to solve this problem .

Monday, September 18, 2006 12:34 PM