Using PS Script to Retrive Local Printer User Permissions on Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• The PS Command Get-Printer is not recognized in Windows 7.

I have used the get-wmiobject -class win32_printer -Namespace "root\cimv2" | where { $_.Default -eq 'True' } command to identified the Share Printer.

I used the PS Command (Get-CimClass -ClassName Win32_Printer).CimClassMethods to identify the classes, however I am not sure how to retrieve usrs with their permissions setting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Larry (email: lpsunaz@cox.net

Friday, July 24, 2020 6:33 PM

All replies

• Search for articles explaining how to access printer permissions.  These are set in the registry and encoded.  

You can also use SUBINACL to get printer security settings.

\_(ツ)_/

Friday, July 24, 2020 6:46 PM
  • Thank you go much for your quick response.  Hope there are good examples on using the SUBINACL command.

:)

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 1:04 AM
  • I hope you find a satisfactory example.

And don’t forget to mark it as an answer when you feel it is useful.

:)

Best wishes,

Young Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 1:40 AM
  • What is your printer type,  I think you install 64bit drivers, but your system is 32bit.  make sure that drivers is correct brother. Maybe this link is can helps you, https://www.canonprintersdrivers.net/canon-imageclass-lbp623cdw-driver/
    Monday, August 3, 2020 4:58 PM
  • What is your printer type,  I think you install 64bit drivers, but your system is 32bit.  make sure that drivers is correct brother. Maybe this link is can helps you, https://www.canonprintersdrivers.net/canon-imageclass-lbp623cdw-driver/

It is impossible to install 64 bit drivers on a 32 bit system.  Take a bit of time to try to understand how computer systems work.  No OS including Windows, Unix, MAC or any other computer hardware can do this.  It is physically impossible.

I also suggest taking time to actually try to understand a question before adding a pointless answer.

\_(ツ)_/

Monday, August 3, 2020 5:07 PM