Automatically added Skype contacts have "Tag for status change alerts" enabled RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When I set a new user up with Skype for Business on our domain, it automatically adds some contacts to the contact list (looks to be pulled from the 'Team' AD attributes). All of these users have the flag set for status change alerts. In the case of some of our more senior managers, they can have 30-50 contacts automatically added that need to have this flag individually turned off.

If I manually add a contact, it does not have this flag set. So it appears to be tied to the automatically added contacts somehow.

Looking through the settings in Skype for Business, and having looked at the GPO templates I cannot find a setting that defines this behaviour. Does anyone have an idea as to where this comes from, and how I can set it to not automatically set this flag?

Thanks,

Nick

Monday, March 7, 2016 11:38 PM

Answers

• Here is the TechNet article on how to turn this off.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt651713.aspx

• Proposed as answer by Greg Whitworth Thursday, March 10, 2016 9:15 PM
    • Marked as answer by Eason Huang Friday, April 8, 2016 12:27 AM
    Thursday, March 10, 2016 4:52 PM
  • Hi,

From the link Greg provided above, it is work for SFB On-Premises environment.

Base on my understanding, it may work for O365tenants. However, it is better to contact O365 side, and there are more Skype for Business Online experts will confirm it.

https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, March 17, 2016 9:23 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Base on my understanding, you have to uncheck the "Tag for Status change Alerts" on each SFB client contact.

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 7:24 AM
  • Not quite --

If i manually add a contact, the flag is not set and I do not need to intervene. It is *only* on the contacts that are automatically added.

Thanks,

Nick

Thursday, March 10, 2016 1:33 AM
  • Here is the TechNet article on how to turn this off.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt651713.aspx

• Proposed as answer by Greg Whitworth Thursday, March 10, 2016 9:15 PM
    Thursday, March 10, 2016 4:52 PM
  • Hi,

This article explains how to turn off this feature on a Skype for Business server. Is the process the same for O365 tenants?

Thanks,

Nick

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 10:08 PM
  • Hi,

From the link Greg provided above, it is work for SFB On-Premises environment.

Base on my understanding, it may work for O365tenants. However, it is better to contact O365 side, and there are more Skype for Business Online experts will confirm it.

https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/

Best Regards

Eason Huang

Thursday, March 17, 2016 9:23 AM
  • As of 8/3/18, the title of the linked article is "Configure Smart contacts list ...".  It does not mention anything about the setting of "Tag for Status Change Alerts" for new contacts.

Wayne Erfling (aka Cornan The Iowan)

Friday, August 3, 2018 3:26 PM